Friday, May 09, 2008









SOLO FLIGHT

Gone are the days of cooking gourmet, shopping in the Organic market and Greenbelt, strolling in Salcedo Park, sipping coffee in the nearby Coffee Bean, and running for pepper and veggies in the Korean shop. So are the 24-hour security, glass-walled elevators, garbage chutes, air condition and exhaust.

Life definitely has kicked me in the nuts now as I move to QC. I am no stranger to this place, in fact, I used to live here 5 years ago, before my ex and I moved to an upscale Katipunan village.

My mornings are filled not by colds I got from too much use of AC, but of seemingly temporary cold breeze from nearby Cubao. My neighborhood is not as grand as Salcedo Village, but I am loving it. A stone's throw away is a panaderia where I can easily munch on Spanish bread for 2 pesos/each. Nearby is a computer shop that brags of its 25 pesos/2 hours promo. Mcdonalds, Cubao, EDSA, P. Tuazon, Aurora Boulevard, Katipunan Avenue, Eastwood, Ortigas Avenue, Antipolo and Santolan is just a jeepney ride. Laundry service pegs at 25 pesos per kilo, and to top it all, I am so near Dannylicious, one of my favorite less-prestigious-kainans.

Im off to a slow and tedious start though, as I brace solitude and uncertainty with tight budget and all. All I know, is that eventually I will be grateful for all of these. That in month's time, I can completely get myself together. Boredom may be killing me one pimple at a time, but it wont be for long, as I report back to school in a week.

With the exception of minor and inexplicable thrills, unexpected and undying issues, and resonating debts, my existence now has definitely taken a very different route. A path too risky and suicidal, I am so dying to trek.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home