Thursday, July 19, 2007




LOSS

I just found about it today. And it disturbed me the whole day. My friend, Fe died last May 25. An article about her appeared in the Inquirer, and it all came to me as a shock, that left me with teary eyes and disbelief.

She committed suicide in her apartment in Baltimore. She went to the US, of course, for greener pastures, and she killed herself because of her husband.

It was shocking. It was disturbing. It was an eye-opener.

Apparently, my friends have been trying to contact me for weeks now, just to tell me the story, and for me to visit her one last time. But it was futile. I recently just changed my mobile number, without even trying to get in touch with them.

The whole thing made me realize my mistake. And it was a mistake that has been recurring for ages now. That I take people for granted, especially my friends. I have this tendency to detach myself from them, for reasons I haven't even realized until today.

And its so painful, when one of the friends who I take for granted, suddenly just passes away. Out of depression, and desperation; and I didn't even exert extra effort to help her. Or even be there, during the last crucial moments of her life.

It was indeed an eye-opener. And I couldn't help but cry about it. I cry because not only did I lose a precious friend, because the realization that arrived to me smacked me right up on my face.

Big time.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home