Wednesday, March 17, 2004

The Passion

So, the new film by Mel Gibson is finally out on DVD (dibidi, dibidi). I saw it in the sidewalks last week, and Im raving to watch it. Sources say it is based on at least 6 books, including the Gospels ot the Fab 4. And of course, it has been pretty controversial since last year.

The Passion of the Christ stars the very promising James Caviezel of the Thin Red Line (which is far better than Saving Private Ryan, of course). Mel Gibson, on the other hand, is already award-winning, for directing Braveheart (swords used there were made in the Philippines by the way).

I can't wait to see The Passion of the Christ because it shows a different perspective on the last 12 hours of Jesus. It may shatter your faith on the man, but think of it this way, you're given a chance to see the truth about what really happened. The truth that has been deprived from us for centuries by the church or by the bible perhaps. The film allegedly blames the Jews for the cruxifiction of Jesus, and the scenarios are harsh! I've seen the trailer, and it's so realistic.

Maybe I wanna see it because I wanna see Jesus being punished, or hurt. You may say Im evil, but I really wanna picture someone so venerable or holy as a real human being, without the magical coatings, and all. I wanna see him cry, or being beaten, who knows, it may renew my faith to religion.

But basically I wanna see the film, because it's controversial. I dont want to be left out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home